Cinnamon Raisin Bread
- 2 cups all purpose flour (plus 1-2 tablespoons if necessary)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1 1/2 cup room temperature water not to exceed 115 degrees (plus 1-2 tablespoons if necessary)
- a few tablespoons extra flour for shaping the loaf
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 1 Tbsp Milk or half n half
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- Add the flours, raisins, yeast, salt, cinnamon, sugar, and brown sugar to a large bowl. Be sure to add the yeast and the salt to separate sides of the bowl.
- Stir the dry ingredients together well.
- Add the water and stir until a thick, rough dough forms. Add 1-2 more tablespoons of water or flour if needed.
- Lightly oil your bowl. Flour your hands and shape the dough into a ball, placing it into the bottom of the bowl and covering the bowl with plastic wrap. Make sure the plastic wrap touches the top of the bread. Cover with a towel.
- Place in a warm spot in your kitchen and let rise for 12-18 hours. I usually prepare the dough in the evening and bake the next morning.
- After the rising time, preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place an oven-safe Dutch Oven pot in the cold oven and let it preheat with the oven.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on the counter dusted with flour. Flour your hands well and shape the dough into a round ball or an oval loaf and set it on a piece of parchment paper on the counter dusted with flour.
- Cover with a clean kitchen towel, letting it rise for 30 minutes.
- After the dough has risen remove the Dutch Oven pot from the oven and using the parchment paper, pick up the dough and place it carefully in the bottom of the Dutch Oven. Make shallow slices on the top of the loaf in the. Replace the lid and place back into the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes of baking time, remove the lid from the Dutch Oven and continue baking for an additional 10 minutes uncovered.
- After the baking time, remove the pot from the oven and transfer the loaf to a cooling rack using the parchment paper. Cool completely.
- Combine Icing ingredients. Drizzle Icing over cooled loaf and let sit till icing has hardened. Slice & enjoy!